Friday, June 5, 2015

Costco Shopping Trip Score!

Hot dog in hand, navigating through the store, resisting the urge to look down every aisle, and extra points for me for resisting buying the focaccia bread from the samples, I think my Costco shopping trip was a total score.

Parking lot is full this afternoon



Glad to know I am not alone in my thoughts that Costco is the business.




I paid close attention to the sale prices this trip and I must say having a Costco membership is so worth while.  There are good prices on regularly purchased items, sale prices, and the gas prices are the best in my area.

After running to Target to get one item, I noticed the prices of toilet paper for the store brand as well as prices for the national brands.  When I went to Costco, I compared the Target prices to the Costco prices and I concluded that for the quality of Kirkland brand, the toilet paper is a great buy at Costco.  The same may be said for the paper towels.  I find that Costco offers stable, good pricing for all of their high quality paper products.

I like my morning bacon.  Costco sells so many varieties of bacon, there is bound to be a sale on one of them.  This week, I found a four pack Oscar Mayer low sodium turkey bacon for $6.99.  What does one do with four packages of turkey bacon?  you may ask.  Well, I have your answer!  Share a package or two, freeze some, pan fry for breakfast, cut up and saute with onions and add to green beans, or make a nice turkey bacon blt sandwich.  It's a good buy, fellow bacon lovers.
Turkey bacon oh yeah!

After filling my tank up with regular gas, I drove past two gas stations in my area and compared the price for a gallon of gas.  One station was $3.57 and the other was $3.75.  The Costco gas was a great deal at $3.27 per gallon!  I was so happy to be a Costco member at that moment, I could have pageant waved and accepted a sash that read "Miss Costco Shopper".  When crowned with the tiara, I would give a short speech and drive off with a full tank of gas and an eight pack of party wings.  I do love my Costco!

No comments:

Post a Comment