Monday, June 8, 2015

Organizing clothes for a work week!

After a busy and fun filled weekend, it helps me transition into the work week by organizing my clothing.  The time organizing saves in the morning can mean an extra cup of coffee, a peek at the morning news broadcast, or having time to start the commute early.  No more stress about having other drivers cut me off or swerve into my lane with a fraction of an inch between our bumpers.  It sounds like an easier said than done kinda thing, but really, if you invest some time preparing outfits Sunday evening, your Monday morning will be a happy joy.

To organize your weekday clothing, plan your purchases to have a stock of basics, plan on doing regular laundry, and have a clothing rack or hooks available.

When clothes shopping, plan to set aside some of your clothing budget for work clothing.  No matter what type of work you do, make sure that you have a week's worth of pants, skirts, blouses, sweaters, and jackets.  Adding jewelry and accessories like scarves can make your outfits different and fresh.  If you choose colors like black, grey, and brown for your basic pants and tops, make sure your accessories are colorful.  A black outfit with an animal print scarf is chic one day.  That same black outfit with red lipstick and gold jewelry is classically beautiful.  Spring flowers add some pink punch to a black and white jacket.
Pink flower, white cami, black leggings, hounds-tooth jacket
Gold sequin cami, gold hoops, denim jacket








 .





Keep clothes clean by scheduling laundry day.  No matter what else happens, make sure to get that laundry done.  If you cannot wash it yourself, make sure you have a trusted cleaners nearby that takes laundry by the pound.  Plan it in your leather day planner or phone reminder.  Keep that regular schedule!  When your clothes are clean, you have access to wearing them and avoid that disappointment when you are looking to wear that cream colored blouse, but it is found dirty at the bottom of the hamper (I hate that!).  Do you really want to sniff the blouse and take a chance on wearing it as is?  Probably not.  You will be reminded of why you tossed it into the hamper in the first place.  Oh yeah, I see why.  Coffee stain at five o'clock, deodorant marks á la galore.
Hooks to store scarves & bags

Pink jeweled hooks
Using a clothing rack will help you organize an outfit and have it accessible quickly.  Just grab the hanger and get dressed.  I organize my clothing by type.  Jackets are on the left, followed by sweaters, followed by blouses and tops, then pants and skirts.  Sometimes I add the entire outfit to a hanger, folding the pants on the hanger and slipping the blouse over that.  Adding a scarf and necklace to the hanger ensures that I have the accessories I want the next morning.  No more hunting around in a rush, usually skipping right over the earrings I am searching for because the stress of getting out the door overrides my vision.  Hey, it happens.  I also use hooks to keep purses and totes easy to grab.  Everything I need should be in plain sight.  The mornings run so smoothly, I have time for a second cup of coffee and a peek at Twitter.  Knowing what is next on the Young and the Restless is a cool thing to know, because I really do not want Devon to marry Hilary.  Have a good mornings!


No comments:

Post a Comment